Recipe Sponsored By: Food Club Ingredients 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces 1 lb ground…
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted Sweet Grown Alabama pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup cane syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups coarsely chopped toasted Sweet Grown Alabama pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse flour and next three ingredients in a food processor 8-10 times or until thoroughly combined pecans are finely chopped.
- Add butter.
- Pulse 8 or 9 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Line bottom and sides of 13×9 inch pan with aluminum foil; allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides.
- Lightly grease foil with cooking spray.
- Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Bring syrup and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat; stirring constantly until butter melts and mixture is smooth; boil stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Pour hot filling over cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 14-16 minutes or until fillilng bubbles in center.
- Cool bars completely in pan and chill for 1 hour before cutting.